The Walkers

The Walkers

Monday, November 3, 2008

Texas Trip


In May of this year, the whole Walker family took a trip down to Houston, Texas for Keith's cousin Tessa's wedding. It was the first time I had been to Texas, and Malea's first plane ride. I was nervous about how she was going to do on the trip, considering she was only about 3 months old at the time, but she did great. We attended the wedding festivities and got to spend time with Keith's Grandma and Grandpa Walker. I had only met them one other time, so it was fun to see them again. Here is a picture of Great Grandma & Grandpa Walker holding Malea for the first time at their home in Spring, TX.


Here is a picture of us at the reception. The resort was very nice, and the food was delicious. It was fun to spend time with the Walker side of the family, as we are not able to see them very often. There was a DJ and everyone danced afterwards. It was a blast!



After all the wedding festivities, Keith & I decided to take advantage of being so close to the Gulf Coast and took a day trip down to Galveston. The unfortunate thing this that we toured places that now have been destroyed by a hurricane. It was so bizarre watching the news just a few months later only to see that gift shops we bought souvenirs at ripped to shreds.

No comments: