The Walkers

The Walkers

Monday, June 7, 2010

Malea

Here is another update of all the cute and funny things Malea is saying and doing (this may be long and boring for anyone who isn't her mother and its mostly for me to remember, but there are some pretty cute things you might enjoy reading)

-Lately she has been calling the baby Mommy's "tummy baby." She brings up the "tummy baby" at least once a day

-Loves swimming, she asks to go swimming all the time

-Got a free tricycle and wants so badly to ride it, but she hasn't quite figured out how to steer and peddle

-She likes to tell stories about things that have happened. Like a month ago she had a cough and was coughing so hard she threw up in her bed. She is still talking about how she "threw up on sheets."

-Needs a "daid" (bandaid) on EVERY owee, even if its a tiny scratch. She talks about everyone's owee's, like daddy's eye owee (pink eye) and how he needs "medicine" to "make it all better", or how my mom had to get stitches on her hand a month or so ago, and grandma's "owee on her hand." Maybe she will grow up to be a nurse :)

-Squats and waddles around whenever she toots, saying "I tooted," and laughing (we are trying to get this one on video but so far to no avail....this will be great blackmail one day)

-Will say how she wants to "go for a ride" in the car, usually means she just wants to get out of the house and do something, specifies her "pink seat" for daddy's car and her "black seat" for mommy's car

-Likes to be a helper, and has from a young age....you can't do a load of laundry without her wanting to pull up a chair to the washer and get up to put the clothes in, you can't do dishes without her pulling up a chair to the sink and "helping" with the dishes (she even has her own scrubber), you can't vacuum without her wanting to roll up the cord after (she is kind of scared of the vacuum so she will sit on the couch while I do it but will get down as soon as I'm done to roll up the cord and help me put it in the closet)

-She loves the new kitchen she got for her birthday. My mom made her the cutest little apron with hot pads, and she will pretend to cook for us.

-She loves to play outside on the toys. If we drive by a playground she wants so badly to get out and play.

-She is doing so good with the toddler bed, but frequently falls out while she is asleep (she is a wild woman when she sleeps). We have gone in and found her on the floor at the foot of her bed fast asleep. We have also found her half on the bed, half off fast asleep.

-She is so cute in the morning. Lately when she wakes up she will stay in her bed for another 15 minutes to half hour just talking to herself or reading books (there is a basket of books right next to her bed). I LOVE this, because we get a little bit of extra sleep. The other day I walked in to get her in the morning and all I saw was her standing up on her bed looking out the window (you could only see half of her body because the top half was behind the curtain). It was so cute.

-She has had days lately where she only wants daddy. If she needs her nose wiped, she says "daddy do it"....if she needs a new diaper, she says "daddy do it" (I LOVE this lol), if she needs to be pushed in the swing, "daddy do it". I think she is aware that mommy is extra tired with the "tummy baby", plus Keith is out of school and home more now.

-2 has been a fun age. We still get the tantrums but since she has started talking so well she doesn't get as frustrated (nor do I). She is saying and doing the cutest things, and is learning new things every day.

-She knows all her colors, and lots of animal noises. We are working on the ABC's and counting. She knows a lot of the numbers in order but will leave some of them out lol

-She loves going to nursery. If she sees a church when we are driving she will say "Look! Church!" I think she associates church with nursery, so going to church is fun for her. (When we move our new ward is at 9am, which I am excited about because it won't interfere with her nap! Yay!)

-Every time we are on the computer Malea wants to watch "kitties"....that means cat videos on youtube. We just type in "cats funny" or something like that and she will watch videos about cats

-We took Malea bowling the other day, and she absolutely loved it. The place we went only charged like $2-something for just her to bowl and they had this little dinosaur stand that kids can use to put the ball on. She would bounce up and down every time she did it, it was so cute

There are a million other things she does that I just love but this post is already getting pretty long!

I love my "little miss" Malea!!!

5 comments:

Really Tall People said...

kenz, i love reading your posts, especially the ones about Malea's new things. it makes me want to be a mom so bad! you are such a great mom, and she adores every minute that you spend with her. she will appreciate these posts when she's 20! love ya!

Lyndzi said...

Kam loves to watch You Tube videos too. I usually type in puppies though and he could watch FOREVER! Malea is such a pretty little lady and I can't wait till we get to see her again. Hope you're feeling good.

The Brady Bunch said...

I love posts like this! Its so fun to hear what Malea is up to. Especially cause I don't get to see you guys too often. P.S. Have you guys watched Ninja Cat on You Tube yet? Look it up, its HILARIOUS!

Jilly said...

I love the picture behind her curtains! What a doll!

Bri said...

That bowling thing is amazing! I need one tonight. All the wilson's are bowling we could definately use one. Malea is so cute I wish we were visiting you this summer.