The Walkers

The Walkers

Friday, February 25, 2011

Sickies

We have dealt with so many sick bugs this year, it is not even funny! I've decided I'm not going to have a baby in the fall again if I can help it, since that is right when cold and flu season starts. Since Thanksgiving, we have had stomach flu, Keith and I got food poisoning, and we had a couple of different head colds that went through most of the family. Despite my efforts to wash hands and use Purell, we have still gotten sick a lot. I am longing for spring and summer!

Isaac has been dealing with a yucky cold and broke out in a crazy rash. He was on Amoxicillin for a mild ear infection, so we're still not sure if it was an allergic reaction or just the result of some weird virus. The rash hasn't seemed to bother him too much (thank goodness) but it has been pretty dramatic looking. The doctor said that from here on out we will just have to be careful what kind of antibiotics he gets in the future.


This is probably when the rash was at its worst (above)






Dealing with a lot of sicknesses has really made me grateful for good health. I really take for granted good health until its taken away for a time. It has mostly just been inconvenient in terms of not getting good sleep and dealing with runny noses, doctors appointments, etc. But I realize it could be a lot worse.

I've decided I'm probably going to keep my kids in more for the next month or so. It is just so hard with a busy 3 year old! Pretty much if Malea gets sick with something, Isaac ends up with it too. We will still go out and do the normal things we have to do, but I'm probably not going to take Malea to nursery, storytime, play group, or anywhere else where there are groups of other kids. I just need a break from sick bugs for a while.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Oh, Kenz. That's miserable, I'm sorry. That is the poopy thing with winter. Come on spring!