The Walkers

The Walkers

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Family Traditions: Old & New

Art City Days has been a tradition of my family since I was a kid. We have gone to the parade and carnival for as long as I can remember. I also remember watching the fireworks from my Grandma "M's" front lawn. A new tradition that we have decided to do every year is the Art City Days 5K. I didn't even know that they did a 5K until this year, but apparently they have been doing it for years. This is a picture of me with my mom and my friend Laura Butler, who also did the 5K that day. It was so fun!

This is us coming to the finish line. We had a good time, and Malea did so well. All I can say is, I am so out of shape! I ran maybe 1 of the 3 miles, and I thought I was going to puke! Pathetic, I know. Well, I guess you have to start somewhere. I am going to start training for the next one!

All of us at the Art City Days parade. We brought umbrellas thinking it might rain, and then we ended up needing the umbrellas for shade! I am so glad that the weather was nice. For the last couple of years, the older grandkids spend the night at my mom's the night before the parade, and then they wake up in the morning and go to the parade. Maybe a few more years and Malea can sleep over!

Malea hanging out on her pink chair. She loves this chair, and if anyone else tries to sit on it she throws a fit! Yeah, she has hit the stage of not wanting to share (so fun!). I think she really enjoyed the parade, and she got to eat lots of treats (thanks to Grandma Vicki!). This is Malea's second year of Art City Days. She seemed to have fun, but mostly walked around the whole time looking for dogs to pet. :)



Grandma Vicki with baby Sienna. She is growing up so fast! What a cutie. Its weird to think that Malea was about the same age when she went to the parade last year! How time flies!





All the grand kids watching the parade and enjoying the bounteous amounts of candy they are getting!


After the parade, we went back to my mom's house to have a birthday party for my nephew Corben. Happy 5th Birthday Corben! Unfortunately, Malea decided to take a 3 1/2 hour nap and slept right through the entire birthday party! Here's Malea with Grandma Vicki, and her cousins Hunter and Sienna. Us girls got to stick together!

Of course Art City Days wouldn't be complete without heading down to the carnival. This is a picture of Malea and I on a ride (we're the second car from the right). Malea had fun the first couple of times around, but apparently wasn't loving it after that (I couldn't see her face.....I was just worried about holding on to her!).

We had a great time at Art City Days this year! See you in 2010!

2 comments:

The Brady Bunch said...

LOVE the pictures!! You look SO GOOD! And don't worry, running gets easier...just takes time.

Lyndzi said...

You are awesome! Good job. runrunrun
Malea looks so cute. I love her dress and I just have to say that I am a little bit happy about Malea hitting the no share stage cause well, Kam had a bit of a hard time. :) I'm sure she's not bad cause she's such a little sweetie.
Keep up the good work. You look awesome!