The Walkers

The Walkers

Sunday, March 21, 2010

2 year-olds are so funny


(Her onesie is completely full of blocks lol)


This post is mostly for me to remember all the funny things Malea has been saying and doing as a 2 year-old. I'm afraid if I don't write them down, I will forget!

Cute things Malea has been saying/doing lately:

-Its not "I'm hungry", its "I'm kungry"

-She really likes to stall whenever we have to leave somewhere she doesn't want to leave (i.e., Grandma or Grandpa's house, McDonald's, etc). I will say "Okay Malea, go down the slide one more time and then we have to go" or "Okay Malea, 5 more minutes" and she will take her sweeeeeet time. Its really funny!

-She loves to play in the sink with allllll of the measuring cups....it gets old washing them every time, but at least it keeps her happy for a while! She also loves to help with the dishes, and we even had to buy her her own scrubber so that she could help (otherwise she hogs it lol)

-If we are going down the stairs in front of her or trying to get her to hurry up at the store, she will say "I'm comin'!"

-If she has a poopy diaper, she blames it on our fish Timmy (Us: "Did you poop Malea?" Malea: "Timmy pooped")

-She is obsessed with bubbles. We bought one of those bubble guns that she can use because we would go outside to do bubbles and she would want to hold the container all by herself, so it would inevitably spill everywhere each time.

-A couple of times we have asked Malea where the baby is, and instead of pointing to mommy's tummy she has pointed to her own tummy (it was so adorable)....one time we asked her if it is a boy baby or a girl baby, and all she said was "Timmy" (our fish)....I was a little worried about that one lol

-She loves to read books. She will just sit there and "read" books to herself forever. I will sometimes hear her just whispering to herself, I'm guessing she is pretending to read it or just making up her own story.

-She loves Play Doh. We play with it almost every day. One time when we were playing with pink Play Doh, I made 3 pigs out of play doh, a daddy, mommy, and baby one. Now anytime we play with pink Play Doh, she asks me to make pigs. It is so funny.

-She loves to line things up, like her "Cars" cars, chalk, crayons, or the dinosaurs at Grandma Vicki's house.


-She loves to play with her baby dolls. She will pretend to feed them, change their diapers, and she has even put them in "time out" (this cracks me up....I didn't think I put her in time out that much....I think I threaten it more than I actually have to do it lol). She is going to be a big help when the baby comes. :)

-Keith and I take turns sleeping in every other day, and every day when she can hear one of us waking up and getting ready to come downstairs, she yells "hide!" and wants us to hide her under a blanket. She is usually so wiggly and loud and half her body is sticking out under the blanket, but we always act coy ("Where's Malea?"). She absolutely LOVES it.

Even though Malea can really frustrate me sometimes, there are so many fun things about having a 2 year-old. I just try to remind myself that when we are having a rough day :)

6 comments:

Diana Dye said...

She is so stinkin' funny. I can't believe how much personality she has. She is going to be the biggest helper when the baby comes.

Tedi @ Running with Infertility said...

That's so cute! I can't wait to have kids and write down the funniest things they say/do. :) Thanks for the laugh's!

The Brady Bunch said...

I love this post!! I need to write down more things like this. You are such a sweet mommy.

Bri said...

Congrats on another little love in your life. I am excited for you. We should plan on getting together. I was thinking about throwing Ben and Brandon a high school reunion with all their buddies and their families somewhere. Let me know if you are interested.

Lindsay Carrick said...

This was so fun to read! It's so great to see how their personality grows.

Anonymous said...

I found it!

I love all your pictures of malea doing different things, i love her little pigtails too!