The Walkers

The Walkers

Monday, February 22, 2010

Big News

To quote one of my favorite movies of all time ("Juno"):

"My eggo is preggo!"


Yep, that's right, we are expecting our second child and we are so excited! I am due September 13th.


Malea has been so cute about the whole thing. We tell her that there is a baby in mommy's tummy, and she will kiss my tummy and when we ask her where the baby is she will point to my tummy. I know she is going to be a big help. She already loves playing with her baby dolls and pretends to be their "mommy". It is going to be fun to have her as my little helper.

Malea's face is so funny in this picture....

I am so excited, but I am also nervous, anxious, and a little scared! I can't believe I'm going to have 2 kids! It's funny because I remember feeling that way when I was pregnant with Malea, and then once I had her and got used to it, now 2 kids just seems like so much. I'm sure it will be an adjustment, and I especially worry about Malea and making sure that she still feels loved and gets enough attention. But I feel like it will be good for her to be the "Big Sister" and be mommy's helper.

I have been sooooo sick, I was pretty much confined to the couch for most of January and February....but thank goodness to my doctor, I got some medication that is helping with the nausea. I definitely don't feel 100%, but it takes the edge off which is wonderful. I am 11 weeks and hoping that in the next couple of weeks once I am out of the first trimester I will start feeling better (hopefully!). I was pretty sick with Malea too, and maybe I just don't remember but I feel a lot sicker with this one. Maybe it will be a boy?....lol

18 comments:

Geneen said...

hi pregnancy buddy! i totally forgot to give you those pills before you left. sorry! please please please call me when you run out and i'll give you mine. hurray for almost being done with the first trimester!

Lyndzi said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHH! I'm so excited for you! Congrats. I hope you get feeling better soon soon soon.

The Reeds said...

YAY!!! I'm so excited for you Kenz!!

Annie said...

Congrats Kenz! So exciting!

Diana Dye said...

Congratulations! Malea is so adorable...can't wait to see how cute this next one will be.

** Adrian ** said...

CONGRATS!!! I am SOO excited for you guys!!! Keep us posted when (if) you find out what you're having!!!

BTW... how did I miss that DARLING post about Malea turning 2?!? What a fun post-- she is such a CUTIE-PIE!! I can't believe my baby Kaitlyn will be 2 in only a few months-- how did our girls grow up SO FAST?!?!?

PS... I love the movie Juno, too!!! The recreational therapist brought it in for me to watch while I was on bed rest in the hospital. I bawled!! I love it!!

Jenn said...

You'll do fine with 2. It's 3 where you have to worry because then you're outnumbered and have to go from man-to-man to zone defense. :)

carter said...

CONGRATS! Your daughter will be a great help with the baby brother or sister!

Jessica said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Hope you get feeling better soon:)

Curt, Lace and Harper said...

Kenz I am so excited for you guys. I am feeling the exact same way nervous and excited all in one. Malea will be so cute. That is fun to know there is one more to add to the list. You make 5 girls I know out of our friends that are due by October. So fun!

Unknown said...

Congrats!!! How exciting!! I hope you get feeling better soon! Yay!

Mandy said...

Yeah! Congrats Kenz. Malea will be such a big helper! I am sorry you are not feeling too hot. I hope you can get feeling better soon. I hope its a boy too...how fun to have one of each!

Adam and Hilary said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you! Hope you are feeling well soon.

The Brady Bunch said...

I'm so excited for you! You'll figure out how to make it with 2. Have you had any feelings yet on if its a boy or girl? Hope you feel better SOON!

Lindsay Carrick said...

sooo excited for you! can't wait til you know what you're having!

ash.day said...

Kenz!
I am so excited for you! I ran into Sam at a wedding reception last Friday. I can't believe how grown up he is! It is crazy! And here you are having your 2nd! Don't worry, you will adjust! I hope you are not sick for much longer! I miss seeing you! Love ya hun! Ashley (Francis) Day

Aimee said...

Yay!! How exciting! You, Jill and Liz are all pregnant together! FUN! I love it! :) Congrats!!

ricksdl said...

Kenz! Sorry - I have not been blogging for a while. I am so excited for you! You will love being a mother of two! Congrats! We can't wait to hear more :)
love
Ang