The Walkers

The Walkers

Friday, February 12, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday Malea!

My baby turned 2 today! I can't believe how fast the time has gone! Malea is so much fun and I'm so grateful to have her as my daughter.

Here is a little year-in-review of pictures:

1 year old!

13 months old
(first trip to the zoo)

14 months old
(first Easter egg hunt...she wasn't very happy!)

15 months old
(family trip to Seattle)

16 months old
(watching the parade at Art City Days)

17 months old
(4th of July)

18 months old
(lounging by the pool!)

19 months old
(our little cougar!)

20 months old
(Happy Halloween!)

21 months old
(wearing mommy's boots)

22 months old
(Merry Christmas!)

23 months old
(watching "Cars")

2 years old!

Here are some of my favorite things about Malea:

-She loves to pretend to be a mommy, and she will take care of her "babies" (dolls, stuffed animals, etc). If she sees a baby she says "awww, cute"

-She likes to "hide" under blankets whenever we walk in to a room....she totally laughs and wiggles around while she is hiding but she thinks you can't see her! It's so cute.

-She is starting to talk so much....she repeats a lot of what we say (we have to watch ourselves!)

-One of her favorite things to do is go play at the "toys" (McDonald's)

-She loves our fish Timmy, and every night when she goes to bed she says "bye Timmy"

-She loves Cars, Dory (aka Nemo), Elmo, and Thomas

-She loves to rough-house and loves to be chased around, especially by her uncles

-She could live off of popsicles and cheese if we let her!

-She loves to be outside, which has been really hard this winter! We've had to think of other things to do (like McDonald's)

-Even though she is still learning to share and not hit, she has a tender side, and when anyone is crying or upset she says "awww" and will go give them a hug

I could go on and on but I just want Malea to know how much I love her and I'm so proud of her! I'm excited to see what the next year brings!

Happy Birthday sweetie pie! We love you!

2 comments:

Lindsay Carrick said...

Loved all the pictures! It's so crazy how fast those 2 years go by!

Bri said...

She is always so adorable! I love the present picture.