The Walkers

The Walkers

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Malea {Hearts} "Cars"

"My name is Malea, and I'm a 'Cars'-aholic."

Well, at least that's what she would say if she could speak in sentences. Or even words with more than 2 syllables for that matter.


My child is obsessed with the movie "Cars" right now, and pretty much anything that has to do with it. Every morning when she wakes up, the first thing she says is, "Cars"? If she sees anything when we are out with "Cars" or Lightning McQueen or Mater or whoever on it, she points and says "Cars"!!
She has a "Cars" toothbrush, sippie cup, books, etc. We saw some "Cars" pajamas at the store the other day (that were intended for boys) but I thought that was a little too much. Maybe if they were pink.....

Anyway, we have even started to slowly get her some of the "Cars" cars. So far we have Lightning McQueen, Mater, King (her favorite, which is kind of odd), Sally, Doc, Ramone, and I can't remember the rest. She just loves to play with them and line them up all OCD-like. She will hug and kiss them
too, which is ADORABLE.


I love my little girl!

7 comments:

Jenn said...

Flo is the teal one who runs the gas station, Filmore is the double bug, Guido and Luigi are the two little guys with the tire store, and it looked like you also had Mrs. The King (a blue station wagon). We are Cars monsters over here too... or rather we used to be. They still like to play with the cars, but luckily we don't watch the movie much anymore. Now we're on to Spongebob. You still have a LONG way to go to catch up with our Cars collection though. :) Too cute. And... there's nothing wrong with a little girl wearing pjs that aren't pink or purple. Lily has spongebob pjs that used to be Erik's, but she loves them! :)

The Brady Bunch said...

I say go for it and get the jammies! Leila totally has WallE jammies that are for boys. And FYI, there's LOTS of fun Cars stuff in Disneyland. Next time I go, I'll have to bring Malea something home :)

** Adrian ** said...

I think it's darling that she loves Cars!! We LOVE cars at our house, too! For weeks, whenever we'd go to WalMart I would have to PRY Wyatt away from the big, display of Cars cars at the end of the check out aisle. (I HATE it that they put them there...THANKS, WALMART.) He always wanted a new one. THank goodness he's figured out that I'm NOT going to buy him one every time now. ;)

I love checking your blog! Malea is SOO cute & it's so fun to see how your family is doing!!

Dad the KL city kid said...

Just dropped by to say Hi.An old Friend of Keith from Malaysia. Congrats on your 5 year Anniversary! Time flies

Jon said...

Hi, it mandy...not jon. I'm logged in with his account at the moment...
I LOVE cars. I love that kids love CARS. My Nephews were OBSESSED with it too. So funny. I love that she lines them all up! She is getting so big!

Diana Dye said...

I love cars! Sarah will play with cars whether she wants to or not. Or I'll just come play with Malea.

Bri said...

we love cars too. We need to plan a get together. Maybe we could host a reunion. :)