The Walkers

The Walkers

Monday, November 14, 2011

Where Did October Go?

Holy cow! October just flew right on by! I can't believe I went a whole month without updating the blog....that usually doesn't happen. October was a really busy month but so fun too!

Well October is a fun month for me because it is my birthday month! I turned 27 this year...sooo OLD, I know. For my birthday this year we did the annual going out to dinner. I usually like to go to Red Robin but this year I decided to spice it up and go to Olive Garden (yum!). Then we went back to the house to do cake & ice cream. I got a darling new purse from my mom (which I love!) and some gift cards to some of my favorite places! It was a great day!

(I just figured out how to do collages in Picasa, so this blog post is going to have lots of them! I took over 500 pictures in October alone!)


Not only was October busy just because of my birthday, midterms, and all the Halloween festivities, it was also busy because my younger brother Sam got married in the Logan temple on October 20th! My mom and I threw a bridal shower for his sweetheart Taylor at the beginning of the month, which was a lot of fun. We love planning parties :) I also had the privilege of making their wedding video, so that was keeping me busy too. I'm really happy with how it turned out. His wedding was so beautiful!

Taylor's Bridal Shower
Logan Temple 10/20/2011
Congrats Sam & Taylor!

Halloween is one of my FAVORITE holidays! I love that I have kids now because it gives me a reason to go all out! I'm going to be sad when they grow up and don't want to do all the fun festivities with me.

Here's some pics of all the fun things we did to celebrate Halloween! :)

We went and picked out pumpkins at Jaker's pumpkin patch in Springville


We made lots of different Halloween goodies!


I made my kids take pictures together in their Halloween-themed shirts and jammies (good memories, right?!)


I had a lot of fun decorating! This year I made the "Boo" craft and two different wreaths, as well as the little Halloween tree. Malea liked doing Halloween crafts too :)


I took the kids to Cornbelly's, they had so much fun!
(Keith was working hard at the Nu Skin convention that week so he wasn't able to come)

Pumpkin carving


Malea had pre-school on Halloween, and her teacher made it so fun for the kids! They all got to dress up, they had a party with treats, and then they got to go on a hay ride!


Trick-or-Treating & visiting family
Malea was Rapunzel and Isaac was a "busy" bee (fits his personality :))

Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

Shaela said...

Looks like you had a full and fun October! I hope November and December are just as fun for you all. :)

Diana Dye said...

Wow I hope someday I can get as much done as you!

I'm glad you had a great birthday. And Isaac makes a very cute little bee.

Mandy said...

No kidding you had a busy month! Way yo go super mom! I love all your crafts!! Can't wait to do stuff like that with my Reese! Don't you love picasa! Its pretty much awesome! Glad you had a great month! P.s. Love your cute purse! Great pick momma Vic!

Jill said...

I love this post with all the collages. It feels like a nice way to see a big chunk of what was going on in your life. I am in love with that bag your mom gave you. And such a cute birthday cake, too! My favorite picture is that one of Isaac snuggling with your mom. So tender.