The Walkers

The Walkers

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

We Bought a HOUSE!!!






After months of working out financing, researching on the internet, looking at many, MANY houses, stressing out and patiently waiting, we FINALLY found a HOUSE!!!!  We are so excited!  We closed on Thursday the 16th and got our keys on Monday.  The house is a little bit of a fixer upper and needs some TLC, but it is going to be so great when we're done and its OURS!!!

Right now I am a little bit overwhelmed with everything we have to do, especially since I'm starting school again in less that a week (sob), but I just have to take it one step at a time.  A couple of nights ago I slept so horrible because I just kept thinking about everything we have to do to get moved in. :/ We are repainting and getting new carpet for the whole house, which is going to make a world of difference!  The guy left it SO dirty, so the first couple of days I spent cleaning it, and now we're prepping for paint.  Once paint and carpet are done we will start moving in.  We are also having the humongous tree taken out of the backyard on Monday (you can see it in this picture).  I know you're probably thinking, why would we take out such a beautiful tree?  Well its not a good tree, it has these huge roots that go above the ground that are overpowering everything, and even put a crack in the foundation!  Its a junky tree and its gotta go.  We're mostly going to focus on the inside this year and then next year when it warms up we'll start tackling the yard.  

The house is in Springville and is 2100-ish sq ft.  It has 4 bedrooms, 2 baths, plus 2 more rooms downstairs that could technically be bedrooms but they don't have closets.  I have a lot of fun ideas that I can't wait to get started on! :)  I'll post some before and after pics once we get some things done.  I'm excited to see how everything comes together!

2 comments:

Diana Dye said...

Woohoo! Houses are so much fun and way stressful. I can't wait to see more pictures.

Anonymous said...

congrats! can't wait to see more pictures!