The Walkers

The Walkers

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Happy 5th Birthday Malea!

Today is my sweet little Malea's 5th Birthday!  I seriously can't believe how fast the time has gone by!  For some reason this jump from 4 to 5 seems huge to me, and I've been so sentimental with this birthday.  I just can't even fathom that she will be starting Kindergarten later this year! 

(The right two pictures were from her first day of pre-school 2012)
I was thinking back to the day I gave birth on February 12th, 2008.  I went in early that morning to be induced, and was 2 days overdue. We were so anxious to meet our little girl!  After only 3.5 hours of labor and 15 minutes of pushing our sweet little angel was born at 11:36am, weighing in at 7 lbs 3 oz and 19.5 inches long.  She had LOTS of hair, a good set of lungs on her and pooped all over everyone and everything before they finally weighed her!  She gave us a little bit of a scare when we found out she had a sacral dimple at the base of her spine (google it if you're not sure what it is), but after some testing found out that she would be just fine.  We brought her home from the hospital on Valentine's Day, which was so appropriate since we were instantly in LOVE (and it was also Keith's birthday)!

Malea is such a sweet heart and is very sensitive to other people's feelings.  She is a social butterfly and makes friends easily.  However, when it comes to being in front of a crowd she gets really bad stage fright!  She is such a good big sister and very helpful to mommy and daddy (when she wants to be, haha!). She LOVES stuffed animals, My Little Pony's, Disney princess anything, and Hello Kitty (the theme of her birthday party this year :)).  Her favorite foods are strawberries, macaroni, spaghetti o's, Costa Vida quesadillas, and pretty much anything sweet (she has a sweet tooth just like her mommy :)). She is very artistic and loves to do crafts. She has a vivid imagination and I often overhear her as she makes up little stories and songs while playing with her toys. She is such a joy in our lives and I can't imagine life without her!

Happy Birthday Malea!  We love you!!!! XOXO

1 comment:

Jill said...

What a sweetie. I remember that day that she was born. What I remember was first seeing your mom in a matching sweater as mine. Ha ha! Then I remember seeing you and thinking you looked great for just having a baby. And next I remember seeing and holding little Malea and thinking she was perfect and so beautiful. And I never wanted to hand her back to you. And I remember Belle nuzzling her head. It is crazy to think that five years has passed since that time.