The Walkers

The Walkers

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Isaac's 2nd Birthday

This is very late and out of order but I don't even care because I'm finally getting caught up on blogging! Yay!

Isaac's birthday was on September 7th but we ended up celebrating it on Saturday the 8th.  We had just moved and things were very hectic, but I didn't want that to get in the way of making the day special for our little guy.  We had his party at a park that is just a few blocks away from a new house called Big Hollow park.  His birthday party was Toy Story themed, which was his favorite thing at the time (it was between Cars and Toy Story but when we were at the store picking out party supplies I held up both options and he pointed to Toy Story!).  We had pizza, cake & ice cream, and opened lots of fun presents!

The decorations
 




The guests
 


The birthday boy playing on the play ground!
 

Such a little stud!
 



Opening presents!

He got Toy Story and Cars stuff from us (including a race track rug we got from Home Depot), a dump truck from Gpa Dave & Gma Judy, a Spider Man toy from his cousin Miles, a Mac truck (that also stores Cars cars in it) from Gma Vicki & Gpa Rick, and some other fun things from friends and family!
 





Blowing out the candle
 
 


We are so grateful to have Isaac in our lives.  He is a ball of energy and is often hard to keep up with, but he also has a great sense of humor and always keeps us laughing.  From a young age I could tell that he was going to the be "ham" of our family.  He started smiling as a baby very young and hasn't stopped since!  He is also a mommy's boy all the way and is always watching out for me.  If we are ever leaving somewhere and I haven't gotten in the car yet, he will pitch a fit until he knows I'm not getting left behind.  He is very protective of me and his older sister.  If I ever come home from being apart from him for an extended period of time, like when I have to work or something, this busy boy will cuddle on my lap sometimes for 15-20 minutes. His favorite foods are rice (especially from Costa Vida!), apple juice, yogurt, and peanut butter & jelly sandwiches.  Even though he is my crazy, fearless child who climbs on anything and everything, he is not a fan of the water!  He likes taking baths but when it comes to swimming pools he is not a fan at first.  He loves anything Toy Story or Cars, and could sit and play with toy Cars cars for hours if you let him!  

His smile warms my heart and often raises my spirits when I'm having a bad day.  I can't believe my baby boy is 2!  We love you Isaac!  Happy Birthday!! XOXO

3 comments:

Jill said...

Isaac seems like such a little nut. I need to come see him again. I'm glad you're going back and blogging all these events. It's fun to see.

Adam and Hilary said...

Happy bday Isac! What a good bday!

Adam and Hilary said...

*Isaac

Kenzie you are such an amazing mom! Your kids are lucky to have you as their mamma!