The Walkers

The Walkers

Monday, April 8, 2013

Arts 'n Crafts

I just wanted to do a simple quick post about my kids' artwork.  I love doing arts and crafts with my kids, and have such a hard time throwing them away after!  Between the projects Malea brings home from pre-school, coloring pages they do at church, and the things we do at home, I end up having piles of artwork for both kids that I don't know what to do with!  I usually hang them on the fridge for a couple of weeks or on the inside of our front door but eventually it has to be thrown away.  A couple of years ago I started taking pictures of their artwork before I chuck it so that I can look back to it without having to save everything :)  I love seeing the things they come up with, especially Malea.  Isaac is still at the scribbling phase but I love how proud he is of himself when he's done (like the picture second from the top and second from the left).  Malea has become more creative with her pictures and they usually involve some kind of family of something (snow men, mice, etc).  I also love seeing Malea write her own name and see how it has improved over the last few months.  Isaac's favorite thing lately has been drawing on walls with markers, crayons, etc, so that has been really fun, haha! ;)  I finally had to hide all of our markers for a little while.  


Love these kiddos! XOXO

No comments: