This year for the 4th we went to Carterville Park in Provo to have a BBQ with our friends Bob & Paz (and their cute baby) and Kenny & Julianna, and then to watch the Stadium of Fire fireworks. It was a lot of fun! We spent the morning cooking and getting ready and then headed out there around 5:30pm to get a spot.
Getting festive for the celebration :)
Silly goose :)
Cute picture of Malea and Daddy
Malea helping me make our traditional American flag cake. She did a good job!
Finished product :)
Little cuties!
Luckily we got the last open picnic table at the park. We had lots of yummy food! (Carne asada, baked beans, watermelon, chips, drinks, cake, etc.)
Showing off my cool new shades ;)
Love how this pic of Isaac turned out :)
This one is good too, I caught a pic right as he biffed it! lol!
(Don't worry, he wasn't hurt...I'm not that mean!)
Malea and Isaac lovin' on baby Alex...he's so cute!
To pass the time after eating and before fireworks we played games, the kids did bubbles, played on the play ground, etc. It's a pretty big park and there were a lot of people, which is a bad combination with our Isaac. He is quite the little wanderer and we were always having to stop and check where he was. At one point after it started getting dark we couldn't find him for a few minutes, it was pretty scary! Luckily there were some little girls who had seen him and pointed us in the right direction. He also got too close to some fireworks people were doing themselves a few times and almost got burned. That boy gives me gray hairs!
All of us playing games
Sparklers!
Waiting for the fireworks to start!
And here's some pictures of Malea and Isaac fighting over glow sticks while I am trying to get a picture....lol
Finally got the picture and Bob photo bombed it!
Cute pic of Isaac and me
(I'm smiling freakishly big, I think someone said something funny right then)
I think going to Carterville Park is going to be our new tradition. Last year we watched the fireworks from the MTC field and it took us TWO HOURS to get home in traffic (to south Provo). This year it only took a half hour to get home to Springville! Yay!
I'm so grateful to live in a free country, and especially grateful to all the men and women who have served and continue to serve our country! Special shout-out to my two brothers Sam and Dan who are in the Navy! God Bless America!
Happy 4th of July!




No comments:
Post a Comment