The Walkers

The Walkers

Sunday, August 4, 2013

July in a Nut Shell

After the 4th, the whole month of July pretty much just flew by!  I hate how fast summer seems to go!  Right after I finished finals for summer semester we had some of Keith's family visit for a couple of weeks and then had a family reunion for his mom's side. For a few days Keith's mom, dad, and nephew stayed with us and then the day after they left his brother, brother's wife, and 3 kids (ages 4, 2, and 1 month old) stayed with us for a week.  It was quite the circus at times with all the kids (since between us and them there were 5 kids ages 5 and under) but it was fun to see them because it's been about a year and a half since we last saw them, and we got to meet their new baby for the first time. We did a lot of activities with them and did a lot of catching up.  


Malea with her cousin Corbin at the splash pad




Corbin, Malea and Isaac (who didn't want to cooperate) with Gma "Dub" (Walker)


Isaac always gets so cold at the splash pad!  He has no fat on his body to help keep him warm!


Isaac being a monkey as usual :)





Me holding baby Amayah for the first time....she is so tiny!




The kids loved baby Myah and wanted to hold her all the time!  Both kids were really cute with her.  




Love Isaac's smile in this one!



Uncle Keith and Nathan playing a game on the tablet




Splash pad again, this time with the other cousins 




Love this picture of Malea



Cute Cambrie :)





One of the mornings I did Malea and Cambrie's hair the same 




One of the days we took the kids up to Hogle Zoo and met his sister Teresa up there (we haven't seen her for a couple of years!).  The kids had so much fun playing with their cousins!  







It was SO hot that day (you can tell by my kids' red faces) 





Malea's favorite!




Malea wanted her picture by the big tortoise 





For the Asay family reunion we all got together one day to go swimming at the new Provo Recreation pool. They rented out a big pavilion that is by the pool and everyone just had fun playing games, eating, and talking.  Then the next day we had a big family dinner at Keith's Aunt and Uncle's church.  Keith's sister Jenn was up from Colorado with her 5 kids and we got to meet her new baby Rose for the first time as well.  It was really good to see everyone.








Isaac had to have gone down this yellow slide at least 50 times!  He loved it!




After our house guests were gone it seemed like all of a sudden things had settled down. It felt like my summer vacation was finally starting since I had been in summer semester up until then.  Then unfortunately I got hit with a bout with stomach flu for a few days, which pretty much sucked!  I still wasn't feeling well on the 24th (Pioneer Day) so we didn't do a whole lot but I did take the kids over to my mom's and we did s'mores over their fire pit in their backyard (Keith had to work that night).  Since then we have tried to go and do a family activity every weekend, as well as do some play dates with friends. We took the kids to see "Despicable Me 2" last weekend (hilarious btw, I laughed out loud on several occasions!  I think it's even funnier than the first one).  Then yesterday we took the kids swimming again to the Provo Rec center (just our little family).  I still have a list of things I'd like to do before school starts but it seems like time is running out!  I would still like to go up the canyon one evening and do tinfoil dinners and roast marshmallows, and I also want to go to one of the outdoor movies at the Springville Arts park.  Hopefully we will be able to fit it all in before summer ends!

Here's some other random pics from July:

We have been working on our yard and so far it is a slow process.  I had high hopes to get grass put in the backyard by now but holy cow, yard work is HARD and it is very time consuming!  Especially because our backyard is so big and it needs A LOT of work (and it's been so hot....and we've been super busy....I have lots of excuses, huh?).  But we did get the brick edging put in to the front yard where our flower beds are, and I'm really happy with how it turned out.  Again, took way longer than I expected and was hard work!  But it's also very rewarding to see the finished product.








We had a little impromptu BBQ get-together with my siblings (except DJ and his fam :( they had a wedding to go to that night) since my brother Sam and his wife and son our moving up to Logan :(  We are sad to see them go but luckily Logan is only a couple of hours away so they aren't too far.  We will still miss having them close by though!








Love this pic!


Cute baby Cannon!


Malea with her cousin Sienna being silly :)



So sad to see them go! :'(  Good luck you guys!


My long-lost friend Tiana that I've known since Junior High visited from California with her two adorable twin boys!  It was so good to see her since the last time I saw her she was pregnant with them and now they are 2!  It's always great to see friends!  We got together with our kids at the splash pad and then also got together that evening (along with my bestie Diana who lives here) to catch-up.  It felt like old times! *sniff sniff*  Made me really miss the other girls in our little group!


Kiddos eating popsicles




I'm always so sad to see summer end and especially since I started school it seems to go by SO FAST!! But there's a part of me that is happy to know that this is my last summer being in school because I will be done next May!  Then I can party it up next summer!  Woo hoo! It also occurred to me that my baby is turning THREE in a little over a month!!  I can't believe it!  So I have a birthday party to plan and look forward to. 

I'm also thrilled to announce that I gave my notice at Heritage and will be DONE working nights on the 12th!!!  I'm so happy!  I will miss the people I work with but I will NOT miss that schedule!  I quit because I'm starting my internship at Springville Junior High on the 19th.  I'm really excited and think it's going to be a great experience.  I am required to complete 600 internship hours over the school year (Aug-May) which averages out to about 20 hours a week.  I know myself well enough to know that there's no way I could handle doing that plus working nights and doing school work too.  So alas we will be very poor (since it's a volunteer internship) but I just keep reminding myself that I only have to survive TWO MORE SEMESTERS.  I can do this!    

(Sorry this is so long, I probably could have split it up in to several smaller posts but oh well!)

No comments: