Isaac turned 4 on September 7th!! I can't believe how big he is getting! We had a fun outdoor Transformers party in our back yard, which was awesome because as of this spring we didn't even have grass! It was great to finally be able to have one of his birthdays back there.
Isaac has been counting down to his birthday for WEEKS! Every day for a couple of weeks at least he would ask, "Is it my birthday?" Finally I made a little countdown chain and hung it on the front door to help him understand a little bit better.
Grandma & Grandpa "Dub" (Walker) came to visit for the week leading up to his party and so generously spent the week building stairs on our deck. It is SO NICE to have stairs to the deck now!! Before we had to walk all the way around from the front door to get back there. Now we can just walk right out the back door! Woo hoo!
Here's some of the decor:
The big birthday boy! He was so excited!
(He's saying "cheeeeese!")
The food, yum!
Got some cute ideas off pinterest :)
Last year we did a water party but this year the weather had been more rainy/cloudy so I decided to do a little obstacle course instead. I called it the "Transformers Training Course" and had the kids wear little Transformers masks that I found. It was fun!
The guests just hanging out visiting. It had been super warm and sunny all day and then of course right as the party was starting the clouds rolled in. Luckily we had a couple of canopies on hand so we set them up before it started raining. It didn't rain too bad thank goodness and it did roll out pretty quick. Just glad it wasn't worse, we've had quite a few crazy thunderstorms this year!
I had to get a picture of this.....every time we have a party Malea makes signs telling people where the bathroom are. I think it is the cutest thing ever!
Isaac opening presents!
It was so funny, with every picture he would hold the pose and say "cheeeeese" for as long as it took me to get the picture. You can tell I've trained him well ;)
And the grand finale.....a new bike from mommy and daddy!
His awesome cake! He was pretty excited about the toy transformers on the top :)
Isaac taking his new bike for a spin!
Transformers and "blue chips" as he calls them (aka Cooler Ranch Doritos, his favorite)....what more do you need?!?
Earlier that day my dad and step-mom stopped by to bring their gift for Isaac because they weren't going to make it to the party. It was an awesome spider man costume and let's just say he never wants to take it off!
Even spidey needs his rest ;)
Happy 4th Birthday Isaac!! We love you buddy!





































No comments:
Post a Comment