The Walkers

The Walkers

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Malea the Chatter Box


Malea has started to become quite the little chatter box. She is saying anywhere from 1-3 new words a day. She usually just repeats words back to us that we say (we have to be careful that they are nice words - hee hee). I tried to sit down and think of all the words she can say, here's what I came up with:

Mommy
Daddy
Grandma
Grandpa
"Dub" (for Keith's parents, "Dub" for the "W" in Walker)
doggy
hi
no (one of her favorites)
tree
all gone
uh-oh (her 1st word)
help me
I want that (kind of jumbled together)
pretty
mine
up
out
wow
fish
hot
yummy
what's that? (points to EVERYTHING)
yay
ow-ee

I'm sure there are more but I can't think of them at the moment. Sometimes she will say a word once and I won't hear it again for a while. Then there are words that she says all the time. She will also sit there and just talk in sentences but they are just gibberish. At least she gets to concept!

I was a little bit concerned at her 18 month appointment that she wasn't talking more, but the doctor said she was fine and that if by 2 years she's not talking more there might be a problem. Well, it looks like I don't have anything to worry about because she won't be 2 until February and she is really progressing with speech.

She also does this really cute thing where she will point to letters in the alphabet and pretend like she is reading them....she will say "A, E, O, E, etc." She's not really saying them right but I can see that she is trying and understands that each letter is different.

My little girl is just getting so big!!!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Yeah what a smart girl! The first grade teacher thinks she will become an excellent reader!:) That is really awesome though that she points to the letters and makes sounds. It amazes me how smart they are and how they just figure those things out!

The Brady Bunch said...

That is so cute! I love that she's already working on her reading skills. Now's the time when she'll talk and talk and talk. And you will laugh and laugh and laugh!

Diana Dye said...

What a fun age! You should teach her "I love you mom" that way she can use it against you when she gets in trouble.