The Walkers

The Walkers

Friday, May 27, 2011

Isaac's 1st Zoo Trip!

Wow, I've been a major blogging slacker! Life has just been so busy!

I have so much to catch up on, but I'll start with our trip to the zoo. We went to the zoo back on May 6th. We try to make it to the zoo at least once a year, and we couldn't have picked a better day! The weather was PERFECT, not too hot and not too cold, with a little breeze, and it wasn't too crowded. Malea was at such a fun age this year. Last year she was just barely 2 years old when we went (and I was just a few months along in my pregnancy with Isaac). She knew most of the animals and had her favorites that she wanted to make sure we saw (giraffes & elephants). It was fun to have Isaac with us this year too!

I'll just let the pictures do most of the talking :)




Looking at the monkeys


I remember getting pictures as a kid in front of the "Do you measure up?" wall too! So weird to see my own daughter doing it in this picture!



Malea LOVES the carousel....she went on it twice :)


Malea was so excited to see the giraffes! When we walked up to the giraffe exhibit, she said "Wook (look) mommy! I found them!" So cute!

(You can see one of the giraffes in the background on the left)


We got so close to this giraffe! You could practically reach out your hand and touch it (we didn't of course! haha)




Love this picture of Malea in the turtle shell :)



My two little cuties!


Mommy and Malea on the train ride


Until next year!....

1 comment:

Jill said...

I love how happy Malea looks to be at the zoo. So fun. I love that you do this as a yearly venture.