The Walkers

The Walkers

Sunday, May 29, 2011

My Big Girl!

Malea is potty trained! Yay!


I never thought the day would come! She was so resistant to it for the longest time. We tried potty training her once before a couple of months ago, and it did not go well. She was defiant about it and just kept having accidents. There was one point where I put her on the potty and she started kicking and screaming, and I decided that was not effective! We decided to take a break and try again in a month or two. Well one day she just woke up in the morning and said "I need to go potty!" and ran to the bathroom and went! It was a piece of cake after that. The only accidents she had were during naps or at night (which we are still working on). Other than that, she pretty much just potty trained herself! I've decided that it is so much easier to just wait until your child is ready than to force them to do it when you are ready. SHE had to be the one to decided. I'm sure every kid is different, but that was what worked for Malea. I'm excited about how much money I'm going to be saving!

Here she is getting some prizes from the treasure chest :)


Way to go Malea! We're so proud of you!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Yay! She looks so cute in her little undies. :)