We had a great Easter this year! Malea was at such a fun age this year with all the festivities.
We started out our week by making Easter cookies. Malea was a great helper :)
We started out our week by making Easter cookies. Malea was a great helper :)
On the Saturday before Easter we had a little egg hunt with the neighbors in our complex, it was really fun! The weather was kind of stinky but that didn't stop us!
Malea & Isaac's Easter baskets this year
Every year at this time I get so wrapped up in what I'm going to do for Easter baskets, what treats I'm going to make, and what we are having for Easter dinner, so this year I wanted to make sure that we focused on the real purpose of Easter, which is Christ's resurrection. I came across this cool thing that I want to make a tradition in our family, and I found it HERE. Each egg has a different scripture reference and item that represents that scripture inside, and it tells the story of Christ's death and resurrection.
On Easter Sunday we went to church for the last Sunday in our student ward. :( The Church decided to do away with student wards, so that included us. We are going to miss our ward but we're excited to start going to our local family ward and get to know new people.
After church we went to my Dad's for our first Easter dinner. Then after coming home for naps we went and did round two at my mom's. After dinner we did a little egg hunt in my mom's backyard with all the cousins. It was really fun!
My mom made these darling little rice krispy treat bunnies for everyone! You make rice krispy treats, and then dip them in white chocolate and coconut with green food coloring in it, and then you stick a peep marshmallow on the front. She is so creative :)




5 comments:
You are like every kid's DREAM mom! I love all the fun stuff you do with Malea! I've gotta do more stuff like that for Leila. I love the egg thing, I totally did that last year in Primary and the kids LOVED it!
I love how you always let her help you with crafts/baking. She must love it!
The kids look so darling, I just want to hug them. I'm happy to see you guys had a good Easter this year.
Your kids are pretty much adorable! Little Issac is getting so big.
what a fun Easter, and I love the pics of Malea helping bake the cookies!
Post a Comment