The Walkers

The Walkers

Monday, October 14, 2013

My First Last Birthday

So yesterday I celebrated what I'm calling my "First Last Birthday", which is the last birthday before I turn 30 and life is officially over (haha, just kidding).  I will stay 29 forever more.  (Can you tell I'm not excited about turning 30?).  30 just sounds so....I don't know....OLD.  This is the last year I can tell people I'm "in my twenties".  Waaah I don't want to grow up!  Ok, I'm done with my tantrum now.

My birthday fell conveniently over fall break which was fabulous because I got to draw out the celebration!  On Friday my mom took me shopping and got me a cute new outfit to wear on my birthday (denim jacket/skirt pic below).  I also bought this cute scarf a couple of days before.  This was my first attempt at tying a scarf, and after a little help from THIS website I was able to figure it out!  One of these days when I'm a millionaire I will hire a stylist to dress me because I am not good at putting together stylish outfits!



On Saturday night we got together with the family at one of my favorite restaurants, Joe Bandidos.  It was so fun to get together with family and eat delicious food!

My mom holding darling baby Marshall, my brother Dan's son (his poor wife wasn't there, she had to take their other son to the doctor for croupe (sp?), not to mention she had her appendix taken out just TWO DAYS before!  They've had quite the week).



We were lucky enough to have my brother Sam in town from Logan with his cute son Cannon, although we did miss his wife Taylor who had to work.  We were also missing my brother Ben and his wife and kids, who went to Moab for the weekend.



My Dad holding Cannon


Rick and Isaac.....Isaac was "feeding" Rick his food, it was so cute!

(Isaac was soooo good at the restaurant that night, which NEVER happens....usually it is like pulling teeth to get him to sit on his chair and eat his food.  It was wonderful!  I think that was his "gift" to me, in his own special way!)


Singing Happy Birthday to me in the restaurant (how embarrassing....)


The kids helping me blow out the candles :)


Mmmmm cake


On Sunday (my actual birthday) I got my gifts/cards from Keith and the kids.  It was a very low-key day, which was really nice.  I also got lots of well-wishes via cards/phone calls/texts/facebook messages on my birthday, which was awesome!




Keith got me a Visa gift card and planned a date night for us next weekend!  Yay!


A couple of cute sweaters I got with my birthday money :)


Even though I'm not excited about turning 30 next year, it's also kind of neat to look back over the years and think of everything I've accomplished in the last 10 years....I've gotten married, finished my Bachelor's degree, had two kids, bought a house, and by the time I turn 30 I will have my Master's degree!  So I guess turning 30 won't be all that bad. :)  

1 comment:

Diana Dye said...

I'm so happy you had such a great birthday. The clothes you picked out are so stinkin cute. And I've been craving Joe's since Saturday...I should have just sucked it up for the chips and salsa alone.

Let's hang out soon.