Yesterday I went to my kids' first parent-teacher conference (can I just say it was kind of weird, it made me feel old!). Both kids are doing awesome which is GREAT to hear!
Malea's teacher says that she is doing great and really progressing. I have already noticed a huge improvement in her writing, both letters and numbers. She included this worksheet Malea did with numbers, I thought it was cute that the 7's were backwards :) (Her teacher says that is very common and that usually almost every student does them backwards at some point). It's interesting how different Kindergarten is now compared to when I was in school, it seems like the things they are having Kindergarteners do was what we did in 1st grade. They expect A LOT!! She has a homework folder that comes home every week with different activities, as well as a take-home book that we have to read every day and send back.
Its kind of hard to see, but this is Malea's progress report for Term 1. She has all 1's which is the best you can get, and 3's for things that they haven't really covered yet. I was happy to hear that she got 1's for all of the Personal Development section (like following directions, participating, staying on task, returning homework, etc). I'm so proud of my big girl!
Here's some other things Malea has brought home from school or that I've found around the house (she's always doing crafts :)):
The picture below is of a bunch of ear wigs (?? lol)
I find papers like this all the time around the house, she practices writing letters and numbers all the time! It's so cute
Isaac is also doing well, too....he got "Good Progress" on his Social goal at pre-school (yellow sheet), which according to his teacher is a good sign. She said we need to be worried when there is "No Progress Showing", which doesn't seem to be the case with him. She said he plays well with the other kids at school, which was great to hear. I've also already noticed a difference in his speech, which is wonderful!
His daily scores fell in the normal range for everything as well (except for a couple of things like counting, which obviously won't happen until he's talking more). I was mostly concerned about how he was doing socially so that was a relief to hear. They send home a sheet every day that says whether they had a good day, an average day, or a bad day, and so far he has all all "good" days except for one day where he had an "average" day, which I think isn't too bad!
Here's some other things that Isaac has brought home:
So proud of my kids! :)




No comments:
Post a Comment