The Walkers

The Walkers

Friday, March 6, 2015

Malea turns 7!

I can't believe Malea is 7!!!  She is getting so grown up!  

We decided to have her friend party the weekend before her birthday because we had family coming in to town the next weekend and it was going to be a crazy week! This was the first year she didn't want a "character" birthday (we've done Frozen, Hello Kitty, Disney Princesses, etc in the past), which just goes to show that this girl is growing up!


My beautiful birthday girl!


She looks so grown up with her legs crossed like that!


Some of the decor :)





Showing some of her friends her room!


Playing a fun BINGO game!


Present time!


Malea with her bestie/next door neighbor Sarah


Cake! (This one's for you Di, love cute little Sarah in the background, we kept trying to get Malea to smile and Sarah was doing it too haha)


After the party, Sarah and Malea played with their dolls (Sarah got her a new ice skater outfit for it and they were twinners)


This was taken the day before her actual birthday.  She got some Frozen dress-up accessories from a friend at her party (crown, necklace, wand, etc) that went well with the Elsa dress she wore for Halloween.  I love that loves to dress-up and I'm going to be sad one day when she grows out of it!


The evening before her birthday Grandpa Dave stopped by to visit and bring Malea her birthday gift.  The kids always love to see Grandpa! 


Birthday morning!


She got to open her presents before school from mommy and daddy :)


She got some clothes and a new doll bed and stuffed animal pet for her doll!



We took treats in the morning for her class and then came back to have lunch with her at noon :)



That night we took her to dinner at Golden Corral (her choice!) and a bunch of our family came too. It was a lot of fun!

Malea with her cousin Sienna, they are a year apart




She opened her present from Grandma Vicki & Grandpa Rick, it was this adorable dress for her and a matching one for her doll!


After dinner we took her to build-a-bear to pick out a stuffed animal!







This picture was taken the next day, which happened to be the day her class was doing their Valentine's Day celebration.  I though the red dress she got from her grandparents was perfect for Valentine's Day!


Fun facts about Malea at age 7:

*She is very artistic and loves doing crafts.  I am always amazed by her creativity and impressed with what she comes up with.
*She is very sweet and tender-hearted, which also means she sometimes gets her feelings hurt easily.  But I always tell her that I would rather she be like that than the opposite.
*She LOVES stuffed animals and even though she has a million of them she always seems to want another one when she gets money for a birthday or something.  She actually plays with them quite a bit so I don't feel too bad about it.
*She has recently gotten in to the game Minecraft and loves to play that when she has down time.
*She loves the shows Wild Kratts, Pokemon, and Octonauts.
*She is reading SO well and has improved so much this year.  She can read quite a few books on her own with a little bit of help here and there.  She is so smart and is doing really well in school, especially considering that she is in Chinese immersion.  We are so proud of her!

Happy Birthday Malea!!  We love you SO much!

2 comments:

Diana Dye said...

7 seems to be the line between little kid and big kid. She is such a cute girl. I'm glad she had a fun-Gilles few days. And her hair is so pretty. You are so talented.

Jill said...

She is such a pretty little girl. I can't believe how old she is getting! Belle is a major Wild Kratt lover, too, which is funny because I thought it was such a random show. I didn't know other kids watched it. She said she has a crush on the blue Kratt brother. :D