The Walkers

The Walkers

Sunday, March 8, 2015

My Kids' Artwork

Feels good to be getting caught up on blogging!

I decided to do a post solely dedicated to my kids' recent artwork.  I am always conflicted about what to do with their art work when they bring it home from school or make little things at home.  I wish I could keep everything little thing they made but there's just no way!  So I have a little process where it goes on the fridge for maybe a week or two (my fridge always looks messy and cluttered but I don't care), then I take a picture of it and then most of the time it goes in the garbage.  Every so often if it's something special I will put it down in their little bin of keepsakes.  For everyone but probably me and Keith and maybe their grandparents this artwork doesn't seem that special but it's something I want to remember so I'm going to post about it anyway :)  Here's some pics of things they've done recently: 

Malea:

Here's a pic of what I assume is a little diagram helping the kids learn the body parts in Chinese.  I thought it was cute she added a little skirt to it ;)   


 For MLK Jr. Day the kids learned the "I Have a Dream" speech and made these cute little posters.  Her teacher made a comment that she was impressed with Malea's handwriting so I kept this one :)


A little story she made up.  She was supposed to use so many words and I thought it was funny that she said "big" twelve times, lol



This one posted upside down for some reason and I have no idea what it means but I thought it was cute


Another one I'm not sure about since it's all in Chinese


I had some paint out to do a book shelf project and of course they wanted to paint too :)


Malea made this darling Valentine's Day card


Cute little ice skater


Family portrait


This was really sweet....on Valentine's Day I opened the mail and there was this letter from Malea.  They wrote them at school and then sent them as a surprise.  She didn't tell me a thing about it.  This one was definitely a keeper :)


Her school did a fun Chinese New Year celebration so this was one of her art projects for that


A lantern she made for Chinese New Year as well


Malea got this little doll with some birthday money and happened to have this little Hello Kitty backpack that was the perfect size for it (I love her creativity!).....she decided to make a "homework folder" for her doll that included little pockets and worksheets and everything.  So. stinkin. cute!   




Isaac:

Isaac isn't as much into art as his sister but he has gotten in to it a little bit more as he's gotten older.  And between his two different pre-schools he brings home quite a few fun things.  This picture was taken when we went to his pre-school for parent-teacher conference.  I thought his snow man turned out so cute!  I think they made them out of shaving cream.



One night Isaac drew this little guy and told me it was a snail like "Turbo" :)


Some other things from pre-school:



A couple of weeks ago Malea was playing with a friend and he felt left out so I told him we could color.  I'm sure one day when he has a little sister who wants to tag along with him all the time he will understand :)


Isaac decorated this cute bag at one of his pre-schools and got to take home all his yummy treats from his class after his Valentine's Day party


So proud of my kids and their awesome artwork!

1 comment:

Jill said...

I love the "big, big, big..." and the loving Dad when he teases me. Too cute.