The Walkers

The Walkers

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Nie Nie


I have been coming across this blog called the Nie Nie Dialogues, some of you have probably heard of her. I didn't know that much about it but I kept coming across her blog through other friends' blogs. It is the blog of a woman named Stephanie Nielson, a mom who shares inspiring and funny stories about her family, and about motherhood. People all over the world follow her blog and enjoy reading her stories.

In August of 2008, Stephanie and her husband Christian were in a serious plane crash that left Christian with burns on about 35% of his body, and Stephanie with burns on about 80% of her body. They were both in a coma for weeks, and miraculously they both survived (although another man in the plane with them, a flight instructor, didn't make it). The burns from the crash left Stephanie's face looking much different than she did before. Many people in the community, as well as followers of her blog, rallied together to raise money to help them and their family. After 6 or so months, Stephanie was able to start blogging again, although it was a slow process. Since then, she has shared stories of her recovery, as well as her new appreciation for life. This blog is extremely inspiring, you will want to make sure you have tissues when you read it. I am completely amazed at what a positive attitude Stephanie continues to have, despite the hardships that have come to her and her family.

Here is a link to ksl where I found a story that was done back in November of 2009 on Christian and Stephanie Nielson.

www.ksl.com/?sid=8572451&nid=148

Reading her blog makes me want to be a better mom, wife, friend, and overall, person. She is able to find joy in the little things of life, like sweet things that her kids say and do, or something beautiful in nature, or a love note from her husband. She and her family are members of the LDS church, and I am just amazed by her faith. She has never let the accident cause her testimony to falter. She lets her kids be kids, lets them get dirty, explore, and doesn't stress about it. Reading her blog, especially "AC" (which she refers to as "After Crash"), helps me to realize that my trials are not so bad, and that things could be a lot worse. It makes me appreciate my husband and daughter. It helps me to not get as frustrated with them for the little things. It helps me to have a more positive attitude about my life.

For some of you the Nie Nie blog is probably old news, but having just come across it myself I haven't been able to think about anything else. I feel like I was meant to find this blog and that reading it will help me to be a better person, and will help me to get through my own trials.

I HIGHLY recommend you read and follow this blog. It will leave you feeling uplifted and inspired.

Here is the address to her blog: nieniedialogues.blogspot.com

Here's where you go if you want to add a "I Read Nie Nie" button to your blog.

nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/2008/05/buttons.html




3 comments:

Whitney said...

Yeah she is amazing!! She is a family friend and an inspriration to me too!!

Really Tall People said...

my sister-in-law is really good friends with stephanie. she's great!

Diana Dye said...

Have you seen her when she was on Oprah? Totally awesome. It's funny how Oprah doesn't quite get Stephanie's faith and how that's how she gets through everything. They matched Steph up with a mom who hated staying at home. The mom was so inspired by Stephanie. Made me cry.

For links, next to the italics button, theres a hyperlinke button. Just type in the address.