So a couple of weeks ago I woke up with my left eye almost completely swollen shut. It was pink, goopy, and watery. Yuck! I randomly got pink eye somehow. I started reading up on it, and turns out it is extremely contagious. Like so contagious you shouldn't even share the same pillow with anyone else. You can even give it to your other eye inadvertently just by rubbing the infected eye and then touching your other eye. :P Great, I have a 2 year-old that doesn't understand personal space and always loves to snuggle together in the morning. I went to the doctor and he prescribed me this ointment that you rub on and around your eye (which I thought was better then eye drops personally) and it started to clear up within a day.
Well despite my best efforts to avoid contact, wash any blankets/pillows that I used, and use lots of purell/wash my hands 100 times a day, Malea ended up with it too. Luckily we caught it early enough (before it went really pink) and got her in to the doctor. Turns out she also had an ear infection, so luckily we were able to give her an oral antibiotic to treat both.
I thought Keith dodged it, but he woke up with it this morning too. I guess its for the best, because now we have all had it and can just get it over with. Now I just need to go through and scrub my house from head to toe so that we don't all get it again! (Uggh)
I thought Keith dodged it, but he woke up with it this morning too. I guess its for the best, because now we have all had it and can just get it over with. Now I just need to go through and scrub my house from head to toe so that we don't all get it again! (Uggh)





4 comments:
UGH! Pink eye is the WORST!!! I hope you're all over it quick!
BTW... isn't NieNie great?? I read her blog everyday, too. She has such amazing strength & courage! It makes me feel good reading her posts!
PS... I don't remember if I told you or not, but I am SO excited that you guys get to move... in July!! I love it when things "just work out" like that!!! ;D Love you guys!!
That's the worst! So sorry, I hope everyone is feeling better soon!
This is the worst! I totally feel for you! Get feeling better soon!
So, so, so sorry for you guys. Let me just repeat what I commented to Keith. No offense, but I'm VERY glad we aren't anywhere close to you guys right now! :) Hope it's gone for good!!
Post a Comment