The Walkers

The Walkers

Sunday, April 4, 2010

They grow up so fast!

Malea's "Big Girl" Bed!
(Yes, she has "Cars" sheets lol)



Yesterday we set up Malea's new toddler bed, and we tried it out for the first time last night! She looked so grown up sleeping in a bed instead of her crib. I had heard from someone once that it helps if you keep the crib in their room for the first few days too, and if they try to climb out of the bed you just say "I guess you aren't ready for a bed" and put them back in the crib. Well last night we put her in bed, did our usual bedtime routine, and that was the last we heard of her! She stayed in it all night and didn't try to climb out. I was also a little worried about her falling out in the night (even though there is a rail) since she wasn't used to it. We put a thick blanket folded up on the floor underneath where the opening is just in case she did fall out. I went and checked on her a couple of times in the night, and she did great! She did wake up an hour earlier than she usually does, I think because she wasn't used to waking up where she was. I'm hoping that she will get back to her usual 7:30 am as opposed to 6:30 am. I am anxious to see how she does at naptime today though, since it won't be so dark in her room.

She looks so big!

Ironically, the same day that we set up her crib for the first time, Malea decided she wanted to go pee in the potty for the first time!

(Sorry for the nakedness, this particular day she was in the tub and told me "I pooping" so I hurried and put her on the potty so that I didn't have to deal with poop in the tub....she didn't end up going, but I snatched this picture of her. She likes to read when she does her business lol).

We have tried to put on her on the potty a few times (by her desire, of course) and each time she has never been able to complete a #1 or #2. Well yesterday she decided that she wanted to sit on the potty, so we put her on it and walked in the other room to give her some privacy. I knew it would take a while, so the last few times I have put her on the potty I give her a stack of books that she can look at while she goes. We did that this time and maybe it was just a good book but she peed a little bit in the potty! We were so excited!

I had this cute potty training chart I've been waiting to use, so we put a sticker on it and told her that every time she peed or pooped on the potty she could put a sticker on it. At this point I just want to take it slow, she has the type of personality that you cannot force her to do anything she doesn't want, so we will just do it at her pace! Hopefully she will be completely potty trained by the time the baby comes in September, but if not, oh well.


I took this video the same day as the picture on the potty above....it is so dang funny, it just goes to show that even 2 year-old's want privacy when they "go"

8 comments:

Lyndzi said...

haha, that video is hilarious! I can't believe that she closed the door. The cars sheets, well, if she's happy right?

The Brady Bunch said...

She is such a cutie! I can't believe how big she is getting. We've gotta get these girls to stop growing.

Lindsay Carrick said...

that's so cute! It's so fun to see them in the bed, but makes them look so old!

Jill Flythe said...

That is so funny! She's all dinking around until she notices, then shuts you out. She acts like a little grown up. That was so cute! I love her bed.

Jake and Danielle said...

kenz where did you get that cute potty training chart. i have been trying to potty train zy and that would be a lot better then using candy all the time. lol

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bri said...

Nice big girl bed! And I love the potty video. Our neighbors are putting their house on the market you should totally buy it! :)

The deleted comment was me. I accidentally was logged on as someone else. sorry.

Bri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.