Malea has hit such a fun stage! She is starting to be more imaginative, which has be good and bad. She has started having more bad dreams at night and gets more scared in her room. She will point to a shadow saying that it looks like a monster or a snake or something. At the same time, she is also more imaginative with her toys and while she plays. She makes up little stories when she plays, and she pretends that her toys are talking to each other. She is also speaking really well, which makes things a lot easier.
Cute things she has done/said lately:
-Whenever we go anywhere like the mall, a play place, story time, etc, we will be driving home and she will say "I have fun at ________, mom"....it is so cute!
-Malea is obsessed with the show "Caillou" that is on the Sprout channel. The show can be kind of annoying, especially the opening song ("I'm just a kid who's 4, each day I learn some more...."). But she learns so much from the show. She will just randomly bring up things that she has seen on the show in everyday life.
-On the show "Caillou", he goes to "play school". Well ever since she has gotten in to the show, she pretends she is going to play school. She will put her back pack on and say "I'm going to play school mom! Bye!" and she will go upstairs to her room. I really want to get her in to a pre-school when she turns 3. She loves the interaction with other kids and the structure. She always looks forward to going to nursery and she is very social.
-The other day the movie Spider Man was on, and she got so excited randomly. She stood up on the kitchen counter and said "Daddy wook! (look) Its spider man! I like him cuz I'm bigger now! Spider man turns nice and smiles at me!"
-After Isaac was born, any time we talked about something Isaac was doing she would say, "last time when I was a little baby, I did that." It is so funny!
-I'm not sure where she got this from, but lately she will specify what kinds of things are for boys and what kinds of things are for girls. For example, she wanted me to paint her nails today, and she said "painting nails only for girls". Or if she sees a toy that is blue, she will say "that only for boys." The cutest thing about it is that she still hasn't mastered her "R's", so she will say "that's only for 'guls', not for boys"
.
-She is OBSESSED with books. She will just sit and flip through the pages of books forever. She has a basket of books next to her bed, and I will listen to her flipping through books for an hour sometimes when she is going to bed. The other day I was talking to her and she said "Mom, I need to concentrate on my book." lol!! She will also pretend to read me the stories, and she has some of the words memorized. She especially likes the Berenstain Bears books.
-She absolutely loves Isaac. She hasn't shown any jealousy since he was born (although she has acted out in her own way). If she wakes up from a nap and he is asleep in his room, the first thing she will say "where's Isaac?" She wants to hug and kiss him constantly (we have to protect him sometimes!). She will talk to him like Keith and I do, like saying "Hi!" or "He's so cute" or things like that. Isaac had to get his 2 month shots, and I told her that he was kind of sad from that. She said, "Awww poor Isaac! Sad!" It was so cute. I love that she loves him so much. She is very motherly, too. She will help put his binky in, and if he is crying in his bed he will say, "mom, I go help Isaac." The other day she said, "mommy, when I a little bigger I have 3 kids"....lol!
-The other day she said "Mommy, you and me and daddy and Isaac, we a family!" It was so stinkin' cute!
(I absolutely LOVE this picture of her! She made such a mess, I had to hose her off in the tub afterwards!)
-She is speaking really well and has full-on conversations, although some of her pronunciations are funny. For example, she pronounces the word "kitchen" like "chicken", and "ketchup" like "check-up". She also has a little bit of a lisp which is so cute.
-She loves doing art and anything crafty. She will say "mommy I want to do a craft!" She likes to paint water colors, do play doh, finger paints, gluing macaroni (with help), color on a white board with markers, do chalk, etc.
-She loves playing dress-up and has really gotten in to Disney princesses. She always wants me to put lipstick on her and she will say "I pretty mommy". She also loves for me to paint her nails (fingers and toes) and wants me to paint mine too. She's definitely going to be my mani/pedi partner when she gets older :)
I love my sweet little girl!
I love my sweet little girl!





4 comments:
Oh, I just cried when I read this. Sweet little Malea. I'm so sad I'm missing out on all of this, but I'm really glad that you blogged this. It made me feel like I got to peek into your life. I absolutely love the picture of her hanging off her bed. What a funny girl!
She is so adorable! And so insightful too!
Don't you hate how fast they grow up?!? She is so beautiful Kenz!
She is growing up so fast. It was so fun to have you guys over the other day. Seeing how big she is makes me excited for Sarah to grow too.
Post a Comment