The Walkers

The Walkers

Monday, May 20, 2013

SUMMER!!!

I can't begin to tell you how excited I have been for summer!  We had such a LONG, cold, horrible winter this year, it felt like it was never going to end!  (I will neither confirm nor deny whether I lived in an oversized hoodie and did nothing but watch Netflix for all of January ;))  I am looking forward to lots of swimming, playing outside,  going on walks, BBQ's, getting the yard fixed up, etc!

Another thing that I've been looking forward to for months is the new splash pad that just opened in downtown Springville.  We'll be spending lots of our summer days there, I'm sure!

This was the day of Grand Opening.  It was only 70-ish degrees that day, but that didn't stop us!  Poor Isaac was so cold but he kept going in for more!



 My mom and step-dad met us down there (Rick works for Springville City and helped get the grounds looking nice for the opening!)


This picture of Malea makes me laugh, she was waiting for the water to spray up and make the ball float up (she was getting frustrated, lol)


She got it finally!


Another trip to the splash pad on a different day.....Malea taking a break to eat some yummy Costa Vida (LOVE that they just opened one in Spanish Fork) 



Isaac & me (it was hard to get a good picture with him actually looking, this was the best I could get!)


Such cuties!


Isaac taking Iron Man for a dip


This is the first summer we have had our own house with a yard, so I'm pretty excited to plant some flowers!  We have SO much work to do in both the front and backyard. Sometimes it is overwhelming, but I know it will be worth it in the long run. I guess that's what we get for buying a fixer-upper!  I've been amazed at how much better the front yard looks compared to when we first moved in last fall. The grass was yellow and looked dead but with some watering and fertilizing it has come back nicely!  Now we just have to tackle the backyard :P  

Here's some pictures of the kiddos helping me plant flowers in our pots :)




Isaac helping me weed :)


Keith mowing the lawn


We are loving our new deck!



Kiddos having a little picnic lunch on a nice day


This is pretty much what Isaac will be living in this summer, I'm sure!  Our neighbors probably think we're white trash, lol!


Blowing bubbles (love that Malea was randomly wearing a helmet)




Getting ready to go on a walk :)


We'll also be heading out to Colorado again in a couple of weeks for my second summer of Intensives for my graduate program (see THIS post from last summer).  Keith and the kids are coming with me again, which should be fun!  I start summer semester today, which I'm not excited about because we only got about a week off after spring semester ended and I'm SO burned out, but I just have to keep reminding myself that I'm almost there!  Just three more semesters and I'll be DONE!!! 

No comments: