The Walkers

The Walkers

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Malea's First Stitches

Poor Malea had a rough night last night.....she fell and hit her ear on the edge of her bed really hard and it sliced the edge of her ear right open. Yes, you read right.....on the edge of her bed.  She has one of those captain beds with a wood frame that the mattress sits in with drawers underneath (see pic below) and she hit her ear on the edge.  We are pretty much in shock that it sliced her ear open like that, it is the most random thing!  The other crazy thing is that her bedspread was on it hanging over the edge so she didn't even hit the edge directly.....there was a little bit of padding.  I can't imagine how much worse it would have been if the blanket hadn't been there!  After it happened she was crying, I started crying, and Isaac was crying.....thank goodness Keith was calm because we were all a mess!   

[Warning, a couple of these pictures are kind of graphic (for any squeamish people reading)]





This is similar to what Malea's bed looks like.....she fell and hit her ear on the edge (above the drawers)....



We took her to Instacare and she had to get 10 stitches!  We told her if she held really still the whole time we would take her to get a new Monster High doll afterwards.  She was a champ the whole time, held very still and didn't cry (not during the stitches anyway).  We still can't believe that it sliced right through her ear, we will definitely be getting some padding to go on the edge of her bed after this.







The doctor did a great job and even let her watch "Curious George" on his phone while he stitched her up. That definitely helped her stay still and distract her while he worked.




Malea with her new Monster High doll.  She wanted "Frankie Stein" because she has stitches too :)



I wanted to get a picture of the stitches but she didn't want me taking the bandaid off (fair enough)....maybe I can get a picture later on.





 I hate when my kids get hurt :(  It just breaks my heart!  I just hope it heals well and the scar isn't too bad.  Poor girl :'(

1 comment:

Di said...

Oh the pictures with sheet over her just break my heart. I hate seeing my kids in positions I can't hold them. Poor thing! I think stuff like this is just as hard for moms as it is for kids.