The Walkers

The Walkers

Friday, November 8, 2013

This is Halloween

We had a great Halloween, it was a CRAZY busy day but we definitely got our fill of Halloween festivities!  I literally didn't sit down from 7am on!  I decided that next year I want it to be a little more low key instead of scheduling way too much in one day.  The other problem was I was fighting a cold so by the end of the day I pretty much collapsed on to my bed.  It's all about the memories, right??

So here was the timeline of our day:

Up at 7am, got Isaac ready for pre-school (bus comes at 8am ON THE DOT, ugh, lol)

Isaac: Sheriff Woody :)


9am: After Isaac left for school, Malea and I headed out to Walmart to get stuff for our dinner that night and to find pumpkins.  Note to self: Don't wait until Halloween day to buy your pumpkins, there are none left!  Thankfully Jaker's pumpkin patch has some left but they weren't very big.  Oh well!

Isaac brought these cute crafts home from school :)



After we got home from running our errands I cleaned up the front room/kitchen and then Isaac came off the bus.  After cleaning up, I fed the kids lunch and then it was time to get Malea ready for her Halloween day at Kindergarten.

Malea: Clawdeen Wolf (Monster High character)


Both kiddos in their costumes :) 



12:40pm: Took Malea to school, they had a rehearsal for their Kindergarten program so Isaac and I stayed and watched that. Thankfully I recorded some of the rehearsal because Isaac was very difficult during the actual program and I didn't get much recording done at all (he doesn't do too well at things like that anyway, plus he hadn't had a nap).  She did such a good job and looked so cute!  She's been singing the songs at home for weeks so it was fun to see them perform.


I had to get a picture of the Kindergarten teacher's costumes, they dressed up like the three good fairies from Sleeping Beauty!  So cute and clever!



Malea with her class (she's sitting next to Mr. Incredible in the red on the right hand side by the flag)





1:15pm: The school Halloween parade, all the kids looked so cute!  Here's a picture with Isaac's teacher Ms. Marianne.



I didn't get a great picture of her because when she got closer to me another girl was in front of her but oh well (she's kind of by the lady in the light blue cardigan with the witch hat on)




Malea with her teacher Mrs. Thomas :)



2:30pm: Got home, laid Isaac down for a short nap and decided to make some cookies







Caught a cute picture of Malea with her BFF, they were dressed as the same Monster High character :)  so cute!


3:15pm: Keith got home from work and we got started on our pumpkin carving.  Next year I want to do this the day before because we ended up feeling rushed but it was still fun!





4:30pm: Had cheesy potato soup for dinner in pumpkin bread bowls (can you tell which one is Keith's? lol)



5:30pm: Trick-or-treating!  The kids were so excited!








 7:30pm: Stopped at Gma and Gpa's to trick-or-treat and visit for a little bit.  Kids were starting to burn out at this point and we still had to drive out to Lindon to see my Dad....again, next year I don't want to schedule so much in one day!


8pm: Drove out to see my Dad and step-mom, unfortunately I didn't get a picture with them but the kids had fun seeing their cousins there!

9:30pm: Headed home.....Malea didn't make it very long!



Here's a picture of our cute pumpkins.....I carved this one for Malea, she wanted a Monster High pumpkin :)



Keith's pumpkin with the knives poking out, lol



Mine is the smiley face pumpkin and Isaac's is the other one....he wanted a pumpkin like Daddy's :)



Happy Halloween!!!

No comments: