The Walkers

The Walkers

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Isaac is potty trained!

We are so proud of Isaac!  Back in March he finally decided it was time to be potty trained (notice I said "he" finally decided....lol). We had bought him underwear back when he turned 3 and tried to warm him up to the idea but for the loooongest time he has zero interest in it.  I thought it would never happen! (not really, but seriously though, lol).  He can be a very stubborn child so the trick was to try and get him to think it was his idea.  


Isaac picking out a prize from the treasure chest....I went to the dollar store and picked out a bunch of different things for him to get each time he went on the potty.  Worked like a charm! 
{Is there anything cuter than a child wearing underwear for the first time??  
His bum just looks so cute and little!}


Caught a rare moment of these two hugging, she told me she was "so proud of Isaac" for getting potty trained :)  So cute!


Just a little light bathroom reading ;)


For months any time we were at Walmart he would play with this little castle and we would say "if you start going on the potty we will get it for you!"  For a few days we were struggling to get him to go #2, so we told him that if he went poop on the potty that we would go get it for him.  He would go all day holding his poop in, then once I put a pull-up on him for bedtime he would poop in it.  It was a struggle for a little while but once he finally went in the potty once it was smooth sailing after that.  He was so happy to finally get his castle!


Isaac finished filling up his chart and is officially potty trained!  Yay!
Great job buddy!
{Can you tell he didn't want his picture taken? Lol}



1 comment:

Diana Dye said...

Oh I am so proud of him. I am going to hit you up for advice because Henry has zero interest.