Well, after a very long, challenging, exhausting, draining, but also amazing 2 1/2 year journey, I finally graduated with my Master's degree! There were many times that I didn't know if I'd be able to make it through, but with the support of my amazing husband, family, friends, and fellow cohort members, I made it! I feel like I've grown so much not just in knowledge but personally as well. It feels GREAT to be done!
A few days before we left for my graduation in Colorado, I had Keith take some pictures of me in my cap and gown.
Thankfully my neighbor's tulips were blooming right at the same time! haha
My little future graduate :)
I took about 5 different ones like this and this was the best one.....they always seem to look better on pinterest, lol #nailedit
My graduation was on Saturday, May 10th so on Friday we left for Colorado. We caravan-ed (sp?) with my mom and step-dad who were also coming to see me graduate. We drove through Moab, UT and stayed the night with Keith's aunt and uncle who live in Durango, CO and then drove the rest of the way to Alamosa (where my school is) the next day for graduation. My mom and step-dad drove the whole way Friday night and spent the night in Alamosa.
On the way we made a couple of stops to see some cool sights. We stopped in Moab at "the hole in the rock" which is a really cool place. There are literally houses carved inside of this rock wall. It was so cool! They also had some cool tourist-y things to look at.
There's little houses in there! So cool!
It's Mater!
There were a bunch of lizards all over the place! Keith caught this one, it had a blue belly.
We also stopped at an arch that was right off the side of the road called Wilson's Arch.
Once we got up there I was a nervous wreck because the other side was pretty much a straight up and down cliff. I could just see Isaac end up rolling down the side of it so we didn't stay up there long! Just long enough to get some quick pictures.
The next stop we made was to some really cool Indian ruins called Lowry Pueblo in Cortez, CO. We drove down this random little bumpy dirt road for about 10 miles in the middle of nowhere and we weren't even really sure if it was the right place but sure enough there it was! Very cool stuff.
We stopped in Durango to spend the night and got to visit with Keith's aunt and uncle. It was great to see them and so gracious of them to let us stay with them! Malea was lucky enough to get to sleep on this huge love sac that night.
The next morning we got up early and headed out for the rest of the drive to Alamosa. We met up with my mom and step-dad at Chili's for lunch before we went to the graduation.
My mom and step-dad gave me this beautiful necklace as a graduation gift....it has "Adams State University" engraved on it. I love it!
Waiting for the ceremony to start!
All the professors coming in
The graduates! I'm in there somewhere.
I DID IT!!!! Here I am getting my diploma and hood. It was a very emotional experience!
Me with some of my amazing cohort! We all became so close over the course of the last 2 1/2 years. I am so lucky to have gotten to know all these awesome people!
Me with my little sweeties :) Isaac's face makes me laugh, lol. He can't take a serious picture (just like his daddy).
I couldn't have done it without all the love and support from this guy!
And these guys too!
After graduation we drove up to Pueblo, CO (since there's not much to choose from in the way of restaurants in Alamosa) and ate at Olive Garden. It was also Mother's Day weekend so I gave my mom her mother's day gift while we were waiting.
We gave her a bracelet with all the grandkids names engraved on it! She loved it!
After we ate we drove the rest of the way to Denver where we would stay with Keith's sister and her family for a couple of days. I'll do another post with the rest of our trip later :)
I'm so glad we decided to make the trip down there for my graduation. I know graduations are boring but for me it was an important part of feeling like I was done and to give me some closure I guess. I am proud of myself for making it through and excited for what the future holds!




2 comments:
congrats!!!
This is so awesome. I'm so proud of you. I LOVE the jumping picture. Makes me smile. I so wish I could have come. Looks like you guys had fun along the way, too. One day I will send you my gift that is just sitting on my counter right now. :)
Post a Comment