Wow, summer is going by SO fast!! I can't believe it's been over a month since I last blogged. We have been keeping busy doing lots of fun summer activities, so I don't regret it one bit. It has been so nice being done with school and just spending the whole summer with my kids. I don't want it to end!
Ok, so here's the rest of our Colorado trip:
After graduation we headed up to Denver to stay with Keith's sister Jenn and her family for a couple of days. My mom and step-dad headed up there with us but stayed in a hotel nearby. We had fun visiting with them and the kids enjoyed playing with their cousins.
As I mentioned in my previous post, we were in Colorado over Mother's Day weekend. We got to Jenn's on Saturday evening and so the next day was Mother's Day. When I woke up, Keith gave me my gift which was a cute little journal that he wrote in instead of a card. He said that he wants to re-use it every year instead of doing cards that we eventually throw away or lose. I thought that was a cute idea and very thoughtful.
Isaac found this little sponge bob hat in with Jenn's kids' toys and decided that he was going to wear it 24/7 for the next couple of days, lol. Drew was a good sport and let him wear it but we reassured him that Isaac wouldn't be taking it home.
Alex and Isaac playing together.....Isaac is older than Alex by almost a year and yet I think Alex was just as tall if not taller than Isaac!
Malea and Lily had lots of fun playing together.
While we were there we planned to take the kids to the Denver zoo but then Colorado decided to dump a bunch of snow on the state (so crazy, it was the middle of May!) so we ended up taking the kids to the Denver Aquarium instead. We had to stop and get the kids some rainboots since we didn't come prepared for snow! Caught this cute picture of the kids riding the little coin-operated horse at Walmart :)
It was COLD! Brrrr!
Diver Malea
Diver Isaac
Diver Keith (nice face, lol)
Diver Kenzie
The kids got to make their own geodes!
You can kind of tell that Malea had been crying in this picture....as you can see in the picture above, you get to use the lever to break the rocks in half to make the geode. Well when we first got up to it there was a little boy who's parents had just paid to do it and Malea (who was overly excited and wasn't thinking) jumped in front of him and did the lever so the little boy wasn't able to. We got mad at her and explained what she did and she just started crying because she felt so bad. I felt bad after that we got mad at her because she really didn't mean to and didn't know. {She is really sweet that way and is the type that would never intentionally try to hurt someone.} We offered to pay for another one but the parents of the little boy were really nice about it. Then we ended up paying for the kids to get one.
Purdy :)
Lots of cool stuff to see!
The kids got to put their hands in the sting ray pool!
So the first time through we barely missed the Mermaid show so we decided to take the kids through again and waited to watch the show. It was really cool!
The kids loved it! They had a cute little scripted show about the importance of keeping the environment clean. You can see Isaac and Malea right there in the bottom front. I was so impressed with the women that got in that water and did the show, they must have to be really goods swimmers!
I thought it was funny the turtle wanted to be in the show too!
As we were leaving there was this really cool looking cat out on display. It was called an African Serval (sp?) Very cool!
A picture out the back window of Jenn's house.....this wasn't even as much as they got, it was even more than that!
One of the days we took the kids to my mom and step-dad's hotel to swim before they left to head back to Utah (they left a day earlier than us). They took off pretty much right after we swam and the poor things got stuck on I-80! The road closed right after they got on and they were pretty much stuck until the road opened back up. Dang snow!
Before we headed home we stopped to see Keith's Grandma and Grandpa Walker in Longmont.
Isaac playing with Grandma's dog Xena
Isaac checking out Grandpa's cool cane
Caught this cute picture of Isaac hugging Grandpa Walker, just about missed it with little miss photo bomber!
I have no idea how kids can sleep in car seats like that!
Glad to be home!




No comments:
Post a Comment