The Walkers

The Walkers

Monday, July 21, 2014

School's Out for Summer!

After we got back from Colorado, there was only a couple of weeks left before school got out.  It was a busy time with field trips, teacher gifts, programs, class parties, etc.

Malea got to go on two different field trips during the last week of school.  The first one was to the Hogle Zoo up in SLC.  This one I was a little bit more nervous about because it was so far away and I was nervous about her getting lost or separated from her group.  I would have liked to go on the field trip with her but I guess there were tons of mom's who signed up so they didn't need anyone else. :(  She had fun though and from what I was told, she fell asleep on the bus ride home :)


Malea's sack lunch :)


The second field trip she got to go on was a trip through downtown Springville.  The kids got to go to different places on main street, including Allen's grocery store, the library, the fire station, and then ending at the splash pad.  I met with them with Isaac at the fire station and splash pad so that Isaac could play too.





My kids had great teachers/helpers this year so we wanted to do something special for all of them.  Isaac's class in particular had lots of helpers, between the speech therapist, the OT, the aide's and the bus driver, so we had lots of treats to give out!

For each of the kids' actual teachers, we gave them a s'more kit and a roasting stick with a little note that said "We need 's'more' teachers like you!"  


For the "helpers" we gave a can of A&W rootbeer and a mounds candy bar with a note that said "'Mounds' of thanks for all you've done this year!  You're 'AW'esome!"



For Isaac's last day of school we got to go to his little class party.  We helped make little hand puppets, listened to a story, and sang a song.









Isaac giving his thank you treats to everyone.  We're sad that Isaac is switching to a new school next year so he won't get to see them next year!







Isaac with Mr. Wald, his speech teacher.  He has done amazing work with Isaac this year!


Isaac with is awesome bus driver, Frankie!  We just love her!


Malea on her last day of Kindergarten!  I can't believe how grown up she is and that she's going to first grade next year!!!




Malea giving Mrs. Thomas her gift.  We are lucky Malea got to have Mrs. Thomas because she won't be teaching at Sage Creek next year!



On the last day, the Kindergarten classes put on a darling little end-of-year program.  I learned my lesson with the Halloween program they did not to bring Isaac this time so I took him to day care :)  Love him to death but he is really hard at things like this!




Saying "bye" to friends she made this year!


Malea with classmates who are also neighbors!



After her program, the two of us went out for frozen yogurt.  I am so proud of my big girl!



The next week Isaac finished off his last day of play group.  He just loves Teacher Lynda and his "animal school" as he calls it!  They got to have a fun water party!






Isaac wanted a picture with the bunnies :)



No comments: