We decided to do a Frozen party for Malea's birthday this year and then realized that everyone else and their dog is doing Frozen right now too so it was almost impossible to find Frozen birthday supplies! We went to different stores and checked online, and they were either out of stock or (in the case of online) they jacked up the prices to ridiculous amounts that we would never pay! (like $30 for a package of 8 invitations....yeah, no thanks!). That meant I had to get creative with the Frozen theme and I think it turned out pretty well. It required a lot more work on my part but I think it turned out cuter. I turned to Pinterest for most of my ideas which was probably a bad idea because there were SO many cute ideas and I just wanted to do everything!
I decided to make a lot of our stuff by using things off the internet. I found this image and just put it in photoshop to make the invitation, I thought it turned out pretty cute! And $0.28 a photo was a lot cheaper than $30 for a package of eight!
Since Malea's birthday was on a week day we decided to have her friend party on Saturday. Traditionally we do a friend party and then a separate combined party for Malea and Keith with family. We were originally going to do the friend party on Saturday and then the family party on Sunday but Keith ended up having to work so we decided to do them on the same day. Note to the future me: Don't do that again! (haha). It worked out okay but I was SO exhausted by the end of the day and I woke up this morning with a birthday hangover (minus the alcohol, lol). I felt bad because there were so many kids that she wanted to invite but there was just no way we could do it so I told her she had to pick five friends from her class and then a few neighbors/friends. We still had a lot of kids but it was fun!
Party #1:
Had to get creative with the Frozen stuff, I ended up making my own bag and using Frozen stickers for her gifts lol
I couldn't find a Frozen banner anywhere so I made me own, it took a lot of work but it turned out cute! I ended up having to do so much of it by hand, I cut out the circles and then used my Cricut to do the lettering but I haven't used it for a while and I think the blade is a little dull so I had to cut them out by hand (it cut through a little bit so I could see the outline but I had to use scissors to cut it out all the way). Then I had to use a glue gun to glue them on because nothing else would stick to glittery paper! It was a labor of love for sure! (Ironically, a couple of days before the party I found a Frozen banner at Partyland, lol....oh well!)
Some ideas from Pinterest! We played "Pin the Nose on Olaf" and I had carrots in a bowl for the "Olaf Noses" :)
Malea helping me with the treat bags
"Thanks for coming!"
"Melted snow"
Another labor of love, I drew this poster from a picture of Olaf off the computer....the game turned out to be pretty fun!
Did her hair like Elsa from the movie
I also borrowed some cute stuff from my mom to help with the decor!
The guests have arrived!
We started out by doing some Frozen crafts, I printed out coloring pages and little Olaf cut outs from THIS website
Pizza!!
Pin the Nose on Olaf :)
Present time! She got so many fun new things!
Malea and her bestie Sarah :)
Party #2:
So after we recovered for a minute we started to prep for the next party that evening. Once again, not planning on doing it that way next year! haha
Some cute snowflake cookies I ordered from Kneaders :)
Isaac fell asleep like this in between parties, he was pooped!
Pork barbecoa tacos for dinner, yum!
Caught this adorable picture of Malea snuggling with Grandpa Great :) My poor Grandma has pneumonia and wasn't able to come :(
Daddy and Malea :)
So earlier at Malea's party, Isaac was so sad he didn't get a present so Daddy was so nice and went and got him a little something at the store so that he didn't feel left out :)
Malea with her cousin Sienna, two peas in a pod :)
Happy Birthday to two of my favorite people! Thanks to everyone who made their birthdays special this year!
Now I need a NAP! lol!





2 comments:
Way cute! You did a great job. I may get brave and throw a friend party for Sarah this year. Sarah hasn't stopped talking about how much fun she had.
I must say, hers turned out a little better than the party I did for my Marzipan. Then again, you really can't braid a golden retriever's hair like that....
You have talent, that was super creative!
Post a Comment