So it's officially February and I'm just barely getting around to finishing my post about Christmas......my bad! I wasn't even all that busy during the month of January, other than being super lazy and hibernating inside all month. I am not a fan of January, I usually end up watching way too much Netflix and get kind of "blah" for a few weeks. However I did take some much needed "me" time to recover from a very stressful fall semester and to gear up for another even more stressful spring semester. But knowing it's my LAST semester somehow makes it bearable! Anyway, on to my Christmas post.....
Here's a cute pic of Malea with her face painted :)
A little ornament I made with our most recent family pic
More shenanigans from our Elf on a Shelf.....here he is holding baby Jesus :)
Isaac and his adorable cousin Cannon.....Sam and Taylor came down from Logan to visit for a couple of days before Christmas but unfortunately they had to go back up because Taylor had to work Christmas Eve :( We sure miss them!
On Christmas Eve Eve, our Elf ("Charlie" as the kids have named him) left us the stuff to make sugar cookies so that's what we did!
(Are you impressed by my Charlie's cursive? ;))
Malea being a helper
My best batch yet! Usually my sugar cookies end up looking like blobs, I was actually quite proud of myself!
Isaac patiently waiting for the cookies to cool so he can decorate!
The kiddos did such a great job decorating!
We decided to take the kids on the new Frontrunner for a train ride! They loved it!
After the train ride we stopped off at the Riverwoods mall to look at the lights :)
Malea and me in front of a cool tree
Malea riding the carousel at Provo Beach Resort
Christmas Eve!
Charlie left us a note to make sure we read the story of Jesus' birth and to remind us of the true meaning of Christmas!
Cuties having a bubble bath
Silly picture of Isaac with a Santa hat on, haha! Thought his expression was funny
Every year on Christmas Eve night for as long as I can remember we go to my Grandma and Grandpa's condo clubhouse to have a big dinner with all of our extended family. This year was no different!
The cute decorations my aunt and cousins did
Isaac with his cousin Miles, they were so excited to play with each other!
Isaac wrestling with someone, as usual ;)
Grand kids all ready to open their presents from Gma and Gpa Great
Isaac got tons of play doh!
Malea got a darling tea party set!
Sisterly love! Love these ladies!
Cute girls have a tea party.....they are little besties :)
My Grandma and Grandpa opening their presents
Back at home.....
Christmas Eve night at the Walker household we have a tradition of opening one gift each. The kids decided to open their gifts from Grandpa Dave and Grandma Judy
They both got a cool new wallet with money inside and a picture of Gma & Gpa! They loved it!
I got to open a present from Malea, it was an ornament that she made for me at school :) She was so excited to give it to me, I will cherish it forever!
We got our milk and cookies ready for Santa, as well as some carrots for the reindeer!
Our tree all ready for Christmas morning!
Santa left us a note!
CHRISTMAS MORNING!!!
The kids were SO excited to open presents! I got so many cute pictures of them with the best expressions! That was best gift of all, just seeing them so excited and happy!
Opening their stockings
Malea got the pottery wheel she has been wanting! She talked about it non-stop for weeks :)
And she was happy to get anything Monster High!
Isaac with his new Woody doll! A much-needed upgrade since our old one is missing a head, lol
The kids hugging, Malea loved her gift from Isaac :) So sweet
Isaac hugging his "Rexy" doll as he calls it, he sleeps with it every night!
Turbo!
Isaac's loot!
Malea's loot!
Me opening my presents, Isaac gave me a darling frame he made at pre-school :) I love it so much!
And the finale.....a new trampoline! We hid it downstairs and after the kids were done opening their presents we told them there was one more thing. They were so excited!
The aftermath.....
Daddy made us breakfast, pancakes and bacon! Yum!
Playing with our toys :)
Trying out the new pottery wheel.....
.....Malea's face says it all! Once she realized that your hands get dirty, she wasn't too in to it. Daddy ended up doing the whole thing for her and I did one too that she ended up painting once it was dry. Oh well!
We had a wonderful Christmas! Just seemed to go by so fast! I love my family so much and I'm so grateful for the wonderful memories that we made this year!




No comments:
Post a Comment