The Walkers

The Walkers

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Comps Weekend

So this past weekend was the big test that I mentioned in THIS post a little while back.  The test was up in SLC at the University of Utah early Saturday morning so I decided to stay in a hotel the night before because I was nervous about being late (this definitely helped my already high anxiety level).  At first the plan was for me to stay alone but then I decided that it would be fun for Keith and the kids to come too and make a little family weekend out of it.  We ended up staying a second night after my test was done and kind of celebrated having it over with.  It was really fun and relaxing, especially after a stressful few weeks of studying and preparation!

Here's how Isaac packed his suitcase.....toys, swimming suit, and diapers, check!
(at least he remembered the important stuff! hee hee)


Our hotel room at the Little America, not too shabby!


Here's Isaac on his own little "bed".....we were nervous about him falling off the hotel bed since he is used to sleeping in a toddler bed with a rail (and I wasn't sure how well the kids would sleep if they had to share) so we brought his little Cars couch that folds out in to a bed.  He was so excited to have his own little bed and kept saying "this is fun!" :)


Malea getting cozy :)


Family picture at the hotel pool :)  I love these guys so much!!!


Sleeping angel


After my test we went to the City Creek mall to eat at Cheesecake Factory.  The kids were excited to ride Trax :)


Isaac climbing on a huge rock, naturally.  That mall stresses me out because there are tons of water features and a stream that runs through the mall, which is very tempting for my son!



A HUGE horse dog that we saw at the mall.  The owner said he is a Newfoundland and that he was the "runt" of the litter (!!!!).  I have kind of a fear of big dogs that I try not to project on to my children, I didn't want her to pet it but I guess he was really sweet and tame.  Let's not talk about the fact that he could probably eat her!  It reminded me of the dog in the movie "Sandlot", lol


Malea got to use some of her birthday money at the Disney store and got an Anna doll to match her shirt :)  She was excited!


Cheesecake, mmmmmm :)



We also took the opportunity while we were there to take the kids to the Discovery Children's Museum at the Gateway mall.  We had never been before and they loved it!  There were so many fun activities for kids.  Plus we got a coupon off the internet where it was only $5/person after a certain time, which was even better!






Isaac loved playing in this little mini kitchen














We also took the kids to see "Lego Movie" but I didn't get pictures.  It was so funny!  Definitely great for kids and adults!  It was such a fun family weekend and I'm soooo glad to have my test over with!!  Now I'm just praying that I passed!

No comments: